Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Query on Annulment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Query on Annulment on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,

My name is Florence. I joined this forum to seek your advise. I had a civil marriage in 2012 with a Filipino in the Philippines. We have since separated about a year plus ago. Both of us are currently working in Singapore. I would like to check whether can I file a divorce in Singapore or must it be done in my own country, Sri Lanka? Will this be recognized in the Philippines and will I be declared as not married in the Philippines? Sincerely appreciate your advise and thank you so much for your time in advance.

~ Flo ~

View user profile

2 Re: Query on Annulment on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:43 am

Caring Father

Arresto Menor

As you married under Philippine Law you must Annul (Divorce) under Philippine Law especially as your partner is Filipino citizen (He should know this already)

i know this due to me being a foreigner and married under Philippine Laws and cannot file divorce in my own country as the marriage was never registered

(If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me anyone)

** I'm not an Attorney. Replies based on knowledge and research **

View user profile

3 Re: Query on Annulment on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:10 pm

Reclusion Perpetua
Hi Florence. Divorce can be done in Singapore subject to 6months residency requirement. After which youcan have that divorce recognized in the Philippines.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum