Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Query on Annulment

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Query on Annulment on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 pm

florence17

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,

My name is Florence. I joined this forum to seek your advise. I had a civil marriage in 2012 with a Filipino in the Philippines. We have since separated about a year plus ago. Both of us are currently working in Singapore. I would like to check whether can I file a divorce in Singapore or must it be done in my own country, Sri Lanka? Will this be recognized in the Philippines and will I be declared as not married in the Philippines? Sincerely appreciate your advise and thank you so much for your time in advance.

~ Flo ~

View user profile

2 Re: Query on Annulment on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:43 am

Caring Father

Arresto Menor
Hi

As you married under Philippine Law you must Annul (Divorce) under Philippine Law especially as your partner is Filipino citizen (He should know this already)

i know this due to me being a foreigner and married under Philippine Laws and cannot file divorce in my own country as the marriage was never registered

(If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me anyone)

** I'm not an Attorney. Replies based on knowledge and research **

View user profile

3 Re: Query on Annulment on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:10 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua
Hi Florence. Divorce can be done in Singapore subject to 6months residency requirement. After which youcan have that divorce recognized in the Philippines.

View user profile http://www.domingo-law.com

4 Re: Query on Annulment Today at 5:19 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum