Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

adultery case

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 adultery case on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:26 am

Arresto Menor
Hi, I would like to post this question on behalf of my bestfriend. Basically, she is married to a british guy. She was once married to a filipino man and they were separated for about 5 years. After those years she met this british guy and since the ex husband is also in a relationship with someone, they decided to get married. When the ex found out about this, he filed an adultery case against her. My friend has been helped by the British Government and left the Philippines. She is now living in the UK. In 2011, the ex husband filed an annulment case and their marriage was then dissolved. She is now married to the british guy and she is also a british citizen now.
My question is? What happens to her adultery case? Is this still valid? as the marriage already been annulled? She is so concern that she still could not go back home because of this.

I will appreciate your advice. Many thanks in anticipation.

View user profile

2 Re: adultery case on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 am

Caring Father

Arresto Menor
I would think the adultery case would still stand as it was filed before she re married and she would possibly have to return to face the Court

Her Filipino husband could possibly file a Bigamy against her if they were still legally married under Philippine Laws at the time of her second marriage. Even if she is NOW British citizen at the time of marriage and possible bigamy she was Filipino

** I'm not an Attorney, replies based on knowledge and research **

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum