Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Needs Advice: Penalty for not paying the food?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
My young sister ate at a restaurant, but instead of paying the bill she left without paying. unfortunately for her she was caught on a cctv and the owner is a friend of mine naturally she was identified instantly. the actual bill is 900.00 php which she paid a week after, but now a waiter that has been the one serving her is texting her that the 900 pesos is not enough and that it should be 10x the actual amount (9,000.00 php). The waiter is also texting if she wont pay the full amount he and a police will arrest her. She is now asking for my help. 1. Should we talk to the owner of the restaurant if it is really true to pay that amount?
2. Can they really ask for that big amount for a food which is only ordinary and not that rare or the business is compromised?
3. Should the police be involve at once and not the barangay or for a amicable settlement first?
4. the 900 pesos has already been paid, but no written record. Can she ask for a receipt?

Last edited by RocketRed on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : retitle)

View user profile

Arresto Menor
Is it considered scamming if the waiter is asking for 10x from the original price of the food when you are caught stealing?

Should it be the waiter and not the owner to do the negotiation?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum