Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frustrated homicide but the accused is minor (cicl)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi Sir/ Madam,

Pleasant day to you! Thanks for finding this site very useful and reliable!  I would like to seek legal advice for the case of my brother. My brother is on a legal age and he was stabbed at the back of a minor (17 y/o, out of school youth) when he and his co- bike riders went to the house of a friend. The minor accused and my brother is unknown to each other. The minor accused and his minor friend also provoked the group of my brother from the very start but they kept ignoring them. When they passed by again on the same way, the two minors started throwing stones on them. My brother and his group ran away with their bikes. Unfortunately, my brother stopped and he was reached by the minors riding in a motorcycle. The backride minor grabbed the shirt of my brother but free him and focussed on throwing stones on the other. The driver/ accused minor grabbed again the shirt of my brother and stabbed him on his right back near to armpit. We filed for attempted murder but the prosecutor decided it to attempted homicide and free the other minor. We were done in a twice diversion period wherein the mother didn't agree to our decision to put his child in a boys town for 6 mos. We had an arraignment last apr. 07 and I was really disappointed with the result. I thought that the Affidavit of the DSWD was enough evidence to make the minor accused guilty (he admitted in his affidavit that he was aware of his action during the incident). I couldn't imagine that the child lied and didn't admit his act. We are now transferred in Mediation Office. I would like to ask if we can ask for moral damages and financial assistance? What would be the basis we can request for? To be honest, we are very disappointed with the result and process of this case. My brother is in a probationary period on his job and we don't want it to hinder for his regularization. Can we reimbursed all our expenses from the date of incident (hospital bills, medicines, travel fare) I would like also to reimbursed all the expenses from the filing of case till our hearings? Kindly help us! Looking forward on your soonest response.

Thanks a lot and more power Smile

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum