Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

consent to remarry?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 consent to remarry? on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:02 am

hasaquestion

Arresto Menor
Thanks in advance.

I've heard if married couple give each other consent to remarry, it is possible that they can.  But then I read other places saying it is not.

I found this:
Based on the increasing number of failed marriages which confines many of our citizens to a perpetual state of marital limbo, it has become morally and socially acceptable for many Filipinos to grant spouses of broken marriages the legal right to remarry.

here:
newfilipino dot com /annulment-divorce-law-in-philippines
(sorry, but it says I can't post a link for 7 days)

Any more information about this would be greatly appreciated because this was the only source I have been able to find after searching quite a while..

Thanks!

Last edited by hasaquestion on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

View user profile

2 Re: consent to remarry? on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:45 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Sino mang Filipino ang magpapakasal ng mahigit sa isang beses ang maaring maharap sa kasong bigamy. kung gusto mo ulit magpa-kasal, kailangan mo muna mapa-annul ang naunang kasal.

View user profile

3 Re: consent to remarry? on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:44 pm

hasaquestion

Arresto Menor
Salamat po, follow up questions please.  What if both parties want to pursue other relationships, can they have an agreement not to file charges against each other?  I heard only the "offended" spouse could initiate an arrest for adultery.

How about bigomy?  Could there be legal contract agreeing both parties agree not to initiate arrest or whatever?

Also, a friend tells me a 7 year wait of not contacting makes possible to divorce, is this true also?  It's not that the person is dead obviously.

thanks po!!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum