Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to transfer bldg tax declaration to real owner?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

We owned a piece of land within Batangas area, my parents assigned my uncle to oversee the construction or rental units in the land. 4 years after contruction we found out that the bldg tax declaration was named after my uncle. We communicated this error in the assessor office to where the land belongs but they informed us that they can't change the name at the tax declaration pronto. we have to show them a deed of sale. Tax consequences for deed of sale or deed of donations were high.

Any other options we may resort to leading to a lesser tax consequence?

View user profile


Prision Correccional
Who is the Registered owner of the said Property? The lot? Your Parents? Are they still alive? If they transfer it to you thru Donation, it has much less Tax(Donors Tax) Compared to Sale(CapitaL Gain Tax) however, there are different kinds of Donation. Either way, Donation or Sale.. You can change the name of Your Uncle to Yours after Paying the Required Tax by the BIR. Make sure your Parents didnt appoint your Uncle as Administrator of the said Property. If so, let them cancell it thru a Lawyer by Executing a Cancellation, Revocation of the SPA or GPA. Good Luck!

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum