Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custody inquiry of illegitimate children

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Custody inquiry of illegitimate children on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:07 pm


Arresto Menor
I am the father of two boys age 2-4 yrs who have my surname. I was with their mother for 6yrs. Their mother who is unemployed left March 12, 2014. I found that the reason for her departure was due to another man who posted an engagement video just 1 week after she left our home. The video shows a lot of alcohol and even the man pulling out a gun during the proposal. I got my sons from her mothers house last March 17 with her consent not knowing the situation. Since getting physical custody their mother has not attempted to call or check on our sons well being despite numerous attempts from my end. Their mother even refused to attend the graduation of our 4yr old. I kept track of their mother thru social media and found that she was constantly partying, drinking and going on trips rather then fulfilling her responsibilities as a mother. I am a good father and despite the ages of my sons they are well educated and would prefer to stay with their father. I have kept all the pictures and videos of her drinking almost on a daily basis and posts on facebook admitting her own mental incapability. She also has a daughter from a previous relation which the same pattern occurred. During our relationship she did not work and now also is unemployed, has a history of suicide attempts, hits our children when angered and she is easily angered. I am afraid of the environment my sons will grow up in. Is there anyway I can get custody of my sons? What steps should I take? She sent me an email asking for our sons back yesterday after almost 2 months of neglect. If I do not give our sons back until a custody hearing takes place can I be charged for kidnapping? Please help. I am a good responsible father but due to the laws in Philippines I feel restricted to what my rights are.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum