Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does RA 7279 Urban Housing Act regarding squatters apply to those on Agricultural Lands?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Some background information: Our family owns some agricultural lands in Cavite which aren't being farmed. There are informal settlers ("squatters") in the area. Reading below regarding a FAQ page on the RA 7279 Urban Housing Act by Atty Jose Lina below:

"1. That under the 1987 Philippine Constitution, informal settlers shall own the land after squatting on it for more than 10 years.
This is not at all true and has no basis in the law.

2. That private landowners are legally required to pay informal settlers “disturbance compensation” prior to eviction.
Private landowners are neither legally required to pay informal settlers any form of compensation nor are they required to oversee the informal settlers’ relocation. However, there is nothing wrong if private landowners voluntarily give some financial assistance to the squatters on their land when they are evicted and their dwellings demolished."

My question is, does this apply to informal settlers on Agricultural Lands? I'm not sure if the RA described covers only those in urban areas as well as agricultural areas.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum