Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parent's permission to marry

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Parent's permission to marry on Wed May 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Caring Father

Arresto Menor
Hi Atty's

I m sure I read within this forum that a woman even aged 26 must have written permission to marry. Is this correct ?

Also, if it is correct and there is no written permission on file, is this grounds to null and void the marriage ?

Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Parent's permission to marry on Thu May 29, 2014 11:21 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
Im not a lawyer, but ill try to share my knowledge.

Caring Father wrote:
I m sure I read within this forum that a woman even aged 26 must have written permission to marry. Is this correct ?

Not correct. The law provides that Parental Consent is necessary and mandatory if a girl would marry at the age between 18yrs old to 21 yrs old.

After 21yrs old, the requirement is only Parental Advice.

The difference between them is that, Absence of Parental Consent is a ground to annul their marriage within 5 yrs upon reaching the age of 21 yrs old.

while, absence of Parental advice have no effect on their marriage.

Caring Father wrote:
Also, if it is correct and there is no written permission on file, is this grounds to null and void the marriage ?
Thank you

Stated above

View user profile

3 Re: Parent's permission to marry on Thu May 29, 2014 2:04 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
I agree, 26 y/o is too old to require parental permission.  Very Happy 

View user profile

4 Re: Parent's permission to marry on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:48 am

mary luna

Arresto Menor
Good Evening. I just want to get some confirmation from the above reply " Not correct. The law provides that Parental Consent is necessary and mandatory if a girl would marry at the age between 18yrs old to 21 yrs old."

I turned 21 a month before our wedding. was the parents written consent still needed?

thank you po.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum