Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NSO-Father name and sure name change for brother's NSO

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I was born in a good family relationship but there is something wrong with it. My mother is one of the public employee and have a high profession. My father is a farmer. I have two siblings. My brother is now in his 4th level in college. My sister and I already graduated in college. We had encountered this situation the moment we were born and we wish to get out of this legally.

My mother was married way back 30+ years ago from other man. They were separated but not legal. I mean, the man is now married with another woman and my mother met my father. They are not yet married until now. They are together for almost 25 years. However, in our NSO birth certificate, we are using my mother's surname which is the surname of her former partner. The moment we were born my mom wrote the former partner's name as our father in our birth certificate without knowing the effect of this. Maybe she was afraid because of his profession. My father couldn't do anything about it. I don't know the reason why. Later on, my biological father brought my brother in our province. My mother and father registered my brother's name using my biological father's name in his credentials until my brother graduated in high school. All credentials of my brother is using my biological father's name except in his birth certificate.

Now, my brother is in college. The university asked us to past the NSO birth certificate of my brother but the school didn't accept it because of the situation. So, we wrote a letter serves as a promissory note. We promise to give the NSO birth certificate without necessary problem before his graduation. However, until now we don't know what to do for this situation. I felt so pity to my brother when he talked about this. My parents did not do anything as of now. They were all afraid for the consequence. Some people advise us to file an adoption. My father may adopt my brother. Is it possible? Is there any legal way to make my brother's surname change as soon as possible because he is now in 4th year college?

Please help me. Your reply is highly appreciated.

View user profile


Reclusion Temporal
Tama kasi ang ginawa ng mother mo na ipangalan sa unang asawa nya kayo, kasi kahit pa 50 years na silang hiwalay ng asawa nya hanggang di sila nag papa annull sila ay mag asawa sa batas. Kaya automatic kayo ay anak ng asawa nya sa batas. Ito ang consequence ng mga babaeng nag aasawa ulit kahit sila ay kasal pa, am sorry but the three of you are living in a limbo, kasi kahit pa iparegister kayo ng nanay nyo sa pangalan ng biological father nyo, di yun tatanggapin ng nso. Ang tanging paraan na nakikita ko is ipa annull nya ang kasal sa unanh asawa, magpakasal sila ng biological father mo, then i adopt kayo if you really intend to go through all of this para maiayos na lahat to honor your real father. Or, bumalik kayo sa school at ipa correct ang record nya based on what was used in the po ay opinyon ko lang based sa nababbasa and experience na din

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum