Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grave cutting of electric line without permission

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
Good day!

I would like to ask some advises from your good heart.

Our neighbor built an illegal structure (without legal papers) in front of our house near the public street which is located at the road widening of 8 meter setback and also near the post. Our electric line and meter was connected in the said public post. The moment they constructed something our electric line bothered them much and found inside there constructed structure.

My family wouldn't agree when they ask us about it but they did it not in a formal way. They just directly said that we need to transfer our electric line because they would construct something. They filed a case at Barangay hall because we did not agreed with them. We didn't do or say something.

At the Barangay hall, my mom and my sister faced them. My mom wouldn't agree about there idea unless they must show or produce legal papers for the area they constructed and an approval papers from the electric company. The first time they faced was with the Barangay Counselor. Same thing happened at the second time but with the Barangay Captain and whom we know that he is their relatives.

Then they went to the electric company to ask about it and my mom too. But the situation can be solve between the both parties.

Later on, they continue their unlawful deeds by continuing the construction. We did say or react about they constructions.

Yesterday, May 22, 2014, suddenly they cut our electric line without my family's approval, without the presence of electric company's representative and without legal papers.

After what they did, my mom file legal case about it and went to the electric company. The company thought that my neighbor had already bought and prepared 10 meters electric wire for us so they went to the place but the neighbor told that they really cut the electric line alone and they didn't have any wire or budget to reconnect it again and they didn't have any papers to show.

Well, in our case we can afford to buy our own wires but the things happened and worst was when they cut the electric line without permission. I also read about this:

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7832 Sec. 3 no. 1

Anti-Electricity and Electric Transmission Lines/Materials Pilferage Act of 1994.

What action should we need to do for this kind of electric cutting?

Please advise me. Thank you.

God bless us all.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum