Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the allowance given to me in an informal work arrangement taxable?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

frozenviolette

Arresto Menor
Hello,

From April to December 2011, my boss hired me as an assistant in her personal capacity. We had no formal/written arrangements /contract whatsoever. I was not required to pay PhilHealth and SSS contributions and she did not require me to have a TIN number. She gave me an allowance of P18,000/month. Is this allowance tax exempted or do I have to pay tax for this? If I have to pay tax for it, how do I compute the tax due plus penalties if I intend to file it this year? Also, do I really have to supply BIR my former boss' TIN number in the form or is her full name sufficient? Am I the only one liable or does my former boss have liability as well?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your response.  Smile

View user profile

council

Reclusion Perpetua
frozenviolette wrote:Hello,

From April to December 2011, my boss hired me as an assistant in her personal capacity. We had no formal/written arrangements /contract whatsoever. I was not required to pay PhilHealth and SSS contributions and she did not require me to have a TIN number. She gave me an allowance of P18,000/month. Is this allowance tax exempted or do I have to pay tax for this? If I have to pay tax for it, how do I compute the tax due plus penalties if I intend to file it this year? Also, do I really have to supply BIR my former boss' TIN number in the form or is her full name sufficient? Am I the only one liable or does my former boss have liability as well?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your response.  Smile

That's 3 years ago. What have you been doing since 2012?

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

frozenviolette

Arresto Menor
I've been gainfully employed in the private sector since then. This matter slipped my mind until I read something about taxable allowances (I don't know if this applies to my situation before.) So is it taxable and if it is, how do I compute for the tax due plus penalties? Thanks so much for all your replies. Smile

View user profile

council

Reclusion Perpetua
frozenviolette wrote:I've been gainfully employed in the private sector since then. This matter slipped my mind until I read something about taxable allowances (I don't know if this applies to my situation before.) So is it taxable and if it is, how do I compute for the tax due plus penalties?  Thanks so much for all your replies. Smile

Any tax due would be computed for all income in 2011, with a maximum of 32%. Plus penalties of up to 50% of amount.

For an exact computation, you need to go to BIR, which might not be a good thing for you.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum