Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Right support for illegitimate child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Right support for illegitimate child on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:39 am


Arresto Menor
Hi Attorney,

I have an illegitimate child who I acknowledge in her birth certificate. Since the mother was still pregrant I supported her regular medical checkups. She even have to take medicines during her pregnancy. My support even extends to providing her roof under her head with her previous child and food. Now my problem is to limit my support only for the child's needs because I already run into financial trouble. The mother is jobless and depends on me for her apartment rental, food, electricity and water. This is too much. In what kind of expenses my support to my child cover? Because the mother insists that I have to provide everything if I want my child in good care of her. Does she has the right to demand complete support not only to our child but also for her older daughter from previous relationship?

View user profile

2 Re: Right support for illegitimate child on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Article 201 of the Family Code of the Philippines, states that the amount of support shall be in proportion to the resources or means of the giver and to the necessities of the recipient. the mother is not part of your obligations.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum