Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password




You are not connected. Please login or register

Immediate Resignation with Pending Case from ER due to Theft Incident

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

neil_2k7


Arresto Menor
Hi,

I'd just like to ask the possible negative effects and consequences that an employee may face if he will resign immediately (if will be allowed by the management) given that he still has a pending theft incident from HR?

Thanks!

View user profile

council


Reclusion Perpetua
neil_2k7 wrote:Hi,

I'd just like to ask the possible negative effects and consequences that an employee may face if he will resign immediately (if will be allowed by the management) given that he still has a pending theft incident from HR?

Thanks!

If they allow you (which is highly unlikely), then it's all a matter of having yourself cleared - but they may still continue with the investigation and any consequences may still apply if the evidence shows you to be liable.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

neil_2k7


Arresto Menor
Thank you!

View user profile

nathzki


Arresto Menor
Good day mga sir. Nate here. I just want to seek legal advice lang din po sana regarding my pending Theft case. I was caught stealing another employee's shoebag po (with 2 T-shirts, an umbrella, 1 male perfume, 1 lunchbox, and 2 hairwax). Actually, I was tempted lang po na kunin yung bag since it looks very much the same po dun sa freebie ng former employer ko. Nagcomplaint po yung owner nung shoebag and I was caught inside the production floor suot ko po yung isang T-shirt na kasama dun sa bag. HR po nakaidentify sakin. I already admitted my misdemeanor naman po at nagsorry sa nagawang kasalanan stating that I was in deep trouble due to my recent break-up with my wife and her taking away my child that resorted me to commit such misconduct. Sinauli ko nadin po all the items as requested by the owner. |

HR already handed me an Incident report and was scheduled to have an Admin Hearing with them on July 8th (cut-off date po ito). Tomorrownaman po last day of submittion ng explanation letter why should I not be dismissed.

I'm afraid na materminate po ako and I wholeheartedly admitted my grave mistake naman po and all I'm asking lang po is for them to grant me a pardon and be given a chance to retain my job. Okay lang po sakin kahit one month suspension basta wag lang po sanang madismiss sa work. Possible po kaya na mapatawad nila ako?

Thanks in advance po sa mga makakasagot.

View user profile

council


Reclusion Perpetua
nathzki wrote:Good day mga sir. Nate here. I just want to seek legal advice lang din po sana regarding my pending Theft case. I was caught stealing another employee's shoebag po (with 2 T-shirts, an umbrella, 1 male perfume, 1 lunchbox, and 2 hairwax). Actually, I was tempted lang po na kunin yung bag since it looks very much the same po dun sa freebie ng former employer ko. Nagcomplaint po yung owner nung shoebag and I was caught inside the production floor suot ko po yung isang T-shirt na kasama dun sa bag. HR po nakaidentify sakin. I already admitted my misdemeanor naman po at nagsorry sa nagawang kasalanan stating that I was in deep trouble due to my recent break-up with my wife and her taking away my child that resorted me to commit such misconduct. Sinauli ko nadin po all the items as requested by the owner. |

HR already handed me an Incident report and was scheduled to have an Admin Hearing with them on July 8th (cut-off date po ito). Tomorrownaman po last day of submittion ng explanation letter why should I not be dismissed.

I'm afraid na materminate po ako and I wholeheartedly admitted my grave mistake naman po and all I'm asking lang po is for them to grant me a pardon and be given a chance to retain my job. Okay lang po sakin kahit one month suspension basta wag lang po sanang madismiss sa work. Possible po kaya na mapatawad nila ako?

Thanks in advance po sa mga makakasagot.

Answer me this -

Why should the company not terminate you? What mitigating circumstance would be present that you do not deserve to be terminated?

Isipin mo din - kung nanakawan ka ng gamit sa opisina, ano ang gusto mong mangyari sa magnanakaw?

Would you want to work with someone who might do the same thing again? Would you trust the person to work with you or near you?

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

nathzki


Arresto Menor
Does it mean sir that there's no more hope for me?.. Even for a 'clean' exit?.. Would being 'emotionally unstable' due to domestic issues will be an acceptable reason for them to grant me a pardon? ..

Btw, thank you for the prompt response po.

View user profile

council


Reclusion Perpetua
nathzki wrote:Does it mean sir that there's no more hope for me?.. Even for a 'clean' exit?.. Would being 'emotionally unstable' due to domestic issues will be an acceptable reason for them to grant me a pardon? ..

Btw, thank you for the prompt response po.

Once you admit to being emotionally unstable, that's more reason for them not to keep you, since there is no guarantee that you can keep yourself clean.

What assurance can the company have that you will not do the same again?

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

nathzki


Arresto Menor
To be honest sir, I certainly believe that any kind of justification provided to them on my committed mistake or error would only be an effort of making an excuse of my immoral and illegal behavior. But deep within I know I will never repeat the same mistake again as it already brought shame to my being and reputation.

I can no longer afford any kind of risk or mistake again since this job is all that is left of me.. my only bread and butter, not only for myself but for my 10th month old baby. .

View user profile

datsky


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty.

Tanong ko lang po, kahit po ba binalik mo young nakuha mo sa company pede pa rin po ba sila magfile ng case against me? qualified theft?

Thank you po

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum