Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

duped into making a downpayment

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 duped into making a downpayment on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Kred

Arresto Menor
Hi all,
Back in July, I made a downpayment of P25,000 for a piece of land. Paid without seeing any documentation that the land is indeed the "owner's". Just when I was about to start my monthly installments, I asked to see proof (land title, subd plan, right of way)that I'm purchasing something that's unquestionable. Problem is, it WAS unquestionable. Turns out that the piece of land she sold to me wasn't in her name yet. She's still trying to pay it off to a friend of hers. I found this out when I refused to pay my monthly payments. She failed to show a land title, just an erroneous subd plan. I went to the brgy capt to get my money back since she told me she's unable to give it back until the lot is sold to another buyer.
I refused to be sucked into her lies again. She said somebody will pay her in February and sh's going to pay me back my money then. Going to the brgy capt wasnt any help at all. I want to take this to court to have an assurance that I will get my money back, even if it's just 25k.
Do I have a case? And if I do, what should i sue her for?

Thank you for taking the time to read. Will be looking forward to your replies.

View user profile

2 Re: duped into making a downpayment on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:52 pm

attyLLL

i believe it is better to file a small claims case for collection of the 25,000. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph. good luck.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum