Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Change of surname on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:15 pm


Arresto Menor
How to change the surname of my illegitemate elder brother? He's my biological brother thru my mother only.
NSO shows that my brother's surname is under his biological father not my father.

Here's the important info:

1. My brother uses my father's surname since he was 2 or 3 years old.

2. All legal document pertaining to my brother has my father's surname except the baptismal certificate. TIN, SSS, PAG-IBIG, school record/diploma, passport , etc (he was able to get a NSO birthcert which shows my father's surname for passport. NSO does not want to give the record now.)

3 He was born on june 19, 1985 which is before the family code effectivity.

4. My brother was born here in manila in a hospital. Hospital might have submitted the records to the cityhall/LCR. ( my mother doesn't know if his biological father signed any legal document)

5. My father is already deceased.

NSO had advised to file cancellation of entry. PAO does not want to help cancel the legal entry for my brother which uses his biological father's surname since they think that it  is legally correct.

Is there any other altenative since my brother's legal records uses my father's surname except the baptismal.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum