Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I file a lawsuit (e.g. Stafa) and permanent restraining order against a foreigner?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
This foreigner and my cousin have a debt to my mother. They stayed in the Philippines for a week. One day, they said their money was stolen in a public location. My mother lent them money to pay for their hotel and plane tickets to go back to their country. They are my cousin, this foreigner guy. and their one year old son.

They promised to pay back the money once they get home. They were able to pay 25% to 40% of the debt. After that, they were not reachable anymore. They didn't even answer our messages or calls.

We have just decided not to entertain them ever again in the future. And we didn't have a communication with them since then. My family just decided to let this debt incident go and just move on as long as they will never ever show their face to us.

However one day, this foreign guy sent me a message asking the whereabouts of my cousin and his son. I told him that I don't know and don't even care about them anymore. Also told him that he should talk to me if he's going to pay the money they owe to my mother. This foreign guy told me that he'll come again to Philippines to check the whereabouts of my cousin.

If this foreign guy will still push through to disturb my family, can I file a permanent restraining order against him? Or if not, can I just file a Stafa lawsuit against them? Can this Stafa lawsuit enough to forbid him from entering the Philippines ever again?

I just want my family to live in peace. Kinalimutan na namin yung ginawa nila samin. Can't they just let us live quietly? Please help.  Neutral 

View user profile


Arresto Menor
you can file Cival Case COLLECTION OF SUMS OF MONEY... Best you ask Free Attorney at Hall Of Justice if you can file Crimminal Case or Estaffa.. That way the Philippine Immigration will HOLD THE FOREIGNER HERE TO FACE ESTAFFA CRIMMINAL COURT CASE then he can be BLACK LISTED NEVER TO ENTER PHILIPPINES AGAIM... i am sure he will OFFER TO YOU BIG MONEY TO DISMISS THE CASE....

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum