Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How can we change the name of the property docs to the legal wife?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I just found out my father married his longtime gf in
the Phils last Oct 1977, but when he left for the US
my father got someone pregnant and married this girl
here in the US. Now we are trying to sell our properties
in the Phils, but the name on the property titles is the
2nd wife's name..the girl he married here in the US. I would like to know if the longtime gf is the legal wife and how can
we can correct the name of our property docs, titles, etc
etc to the 1st wife's name. We would like to do the
right thing for the wrong doing that my father did to
the 1st wife. Anyways, when my father passed away 1998,
the 2nd wife received all the life insurance money for
my father.

How can I go about changing the names legally on the properties doc
docs to the 1st wife's name? Please advise po.

Thank you very much for your help.

View user profile


is there any communication between 1st and 2nd wife? my first instinct is to negotiate some form of conveyance back to the first wife.

if not, then the proper remedy is to file a case for reconveyance in the rtc where the property is located. you will have to prove that the property was purchased with conjugal funds.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum