Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I was forced out of my apartment and they padlocked it

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Justin13

Arresto Menor
Last june 21, I was forced out of my apartment by the owner accompanied by brgy tanods for the reason my electricity was cut by meralco. I was behind 3 months amounting to 8200. But in order for electricity to be reconnected I only had to pay 1900. The owner harrassed me by asking for the full amount even to the point that she had me sign a hand written document that if payment was not made on june 20. legal action will be taken. I was suprised the next morning june 21 when brgy officials asked me to vacate the premises so they could lock it. After locking the apartment only then was I asked to go to the brgy hall to discuse the matter and a blotter was created that I have until june 23 to pay the 8200. And up to june 30 to pay that months rent of 5000. There was no mention in the blotter that the apartment was locked with all my families belongings leaving us with just a handful of clothes. That monday afternoon, I went to the brgy hall with the money and asked assistance from the officer in charge if they can accompany me to be witness that i pay and the locks be removed. But when I got to the owners house the owner was now demanding 12400. which included the current bill of 4200 which just arrived that same day. I explained that the current bill was not due until the end of the month but she refused and the brgy personnel that accompanied me did not even speak nor did they approach us to become witness to the conversation. I did not know what the law is in regards to landlord/tenant evicction. and the brgy personnel being present gave me the idea that what was happening was right. Since that time me and my children have been living in different places. And my special child even had a seizure twice due to the stress this has caused him. Having to stay with relatives he barely knows. I would like to ask help on what to do? Please HELP!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum