Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEATH THREAT issued to young woman

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 DEATH THREAT issued to young woman on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Arresto Menor
A personal friend of mine (who is a young female college student in the Philippines) recently had her account on Facebook hacked by a Bangladeshi who is currently residing in Saudi Arabia. This man took the following actions:

(i) He created a fake Facebook account in my friend's name replicating her pictures.
(ii) He created a youtube channel in her name (again, using her photos).
(iii) He sent my friend a demand that she enter a romantic relationship with him.
(iv) He told her that she would be dead if she did not do so.

These actions are frightening because the man who issued the threat has access to all the information that was posted by my friend on her Facebook account. That information included her full legal name, as well as a variety of other identifiers which should make it possible (in fact, easy) to locate my friend.

I am seeking advice on what recourse my friend might have to secure protection and/or prosecute the man who issued the threat. Protection is the higher priority. Ideally, we would wish this man to be identified and permanently barred from entering the Philippines. We have a single name by which this man has identified himself; perhaps it would be possible to gain further information about him if my friend were to continue to speak to him, although of course we would ordinarily think it wise for all communication between them to be cut off.

Thank you sincerely for your time.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum