Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st marriage in Phil / 2nd marriage in SG

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 1st marriage in Phil / 2nd marriage in SG on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 am

RBCunanan84

Arresto Menor
My husband and I are legally married here in philippines. Recently i found out that he got married in Singapore to another girl, they are living together and they have a child already. My husband and the girl are both working in Singapore. Can i sue my husband with Bigamy & concubinage? How about the girl, is she legally liable as well? Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: 1st marriage in Phil / 2nd marriage in SG on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:37 am

RBCunanan84

Arresto Menor
Another thing, does my husband need to provide or support (i.e. financially) to his illegitimate child? Thank you very much for the advice.

View user profile

3 Re: 1st marriage in Phil / 2nd marriage in SG on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:39 am

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
RBCunanan84 wrote:My husband and I are legally married here in philippines. Recently i found out that he got married in Singapore to another girl, they are living together and they have a child already. My husband and the girl are both working in Singapore. Can i sue my husband with Bigamy & concubinage? How about the girl, is she legally liable as well? Thank you.

Yes! They are both liable but are they both Filipino citizen? Otherwise, if he marry other nationality they are not under Philippines jurisdictions and bigamy is not committed under Philippines jurisdiction.

View user profile

4 Re: 1st marriage in Phil / 2nd marriage in SG on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:49 am

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
RBCunanan84 wrote:Another thing, does my husband need to provide or support (i.e. financially) to his illegitimate child? Thank you very much for the advice.

How can the child be illegitimate? They got married in Singapore didn't they? This means their children are not illegitimate!

View user profile

5 Re: 1st marriage in Phil / 2nd marriage in SG on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 pm

RBCunanan84

Arresto Menor
Yes they are both Filipino. I assume the child is illegitimate because the marriage in Singapore is null & void (or is it?) as he is still married to me.

View user profile

6 Re: 1st marriage in Phil / 2nd marriage in SG on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:07 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
RBCunanan84 wrote:Yes they are both Filipino. I assume the child is illegitimate because the marriage in Singapore is null & void (or is it?) as he is still married to me.

It will be null and void if you file case against them. But since they got married outside Philippines jurisdictions the child will be legitimate in their records because at some point in Singapore, they allow other nationalities to acquire Singaporean citizenship if they have been living there FOR 10 long years just like in any part of the world like UK, US, Canada and Australia. What is the best thing you can do is to take an action now while they haven't been living there long enough to obtain the Singaporean nationality and file a case of bigamy against them and forward it to Philippines Embassy. They may be able to help you while they are still Philippines passport holder and both Filipinos as they are still under Philippines jurisdictions. But if they already acquired the Singaporean citizenship it may be too late for you!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum