After a few months, they negotiated to sell the same property to me on installment basis and we agreed with the terms and conditions of the sale. I then decided to build improvements on the property with their consent while waiting for their mom to return to Manila for a vacation and to finalize the sale via a written contract.
When their mom returned to Manila, a Contract to Sell was drawn up this time involving all the siblings and the mom. However, the terms and conditions stated therein are not what we have originally agreed verbally. I then decided to not go through with the sale because all the terms and conditions stated in the contract are in their favor. I then asked the sisters to pay me the following:
1. Cash owed to me + interests
2. Expenditures on the property for its improvement all supported by receipts (because I would not have started any construction on the property if the sale has not been agreed by all parties albeit verbally)
1. Can I be compelled to turn over the TCT to the other heirs because they still have a share on said TCT (being co-heirs of the estate) and loan was made by only 2 siblings even if the 2 sisters have not the payment I'm demanding?
2. What right do I have in order to compel the 2 sisters to pay me back? Will a promissory note executed by the 2 sisters enough to put an encumbrance on the property?
3. What legal remedy is best for me at this time to protect my interests?
4. Can I be compelled to continue with the sale if they change the terms and conditions as per original verbal agreement?
The reason why I no longer wish to continue with the sale is because I no longer have any confidence that they will honor any terms and conditions I enter with them.
Appreciate if you could respond the soonest. Thanks.