Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Can someone help me differentiate MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE from MARRIAGE LICENSE..

We got married when I was 19 and he was 25 so obviously we cannot live together before our marriage as a husband and wife.
" A marriage celebrated without a valid marriage license is null and void, unless the contracting parties are exempt from this requisite (Articles 4 and 35(3), Family Code of the Philippines).

“Art. 34. No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties and found no legal impediment to the marriage.”

I asked my parents to check and get a copy of Marriage License from our Local Civil Registrar from where we got married. But the staff there said that MarriageCertificate and Marriage License are the same, that the License number is indicated below the Marriage Certificate.

If so, that the License number appearing in the Marriage Certificate is the License Number then how can I check if that number is registered to our Marriage?

but, if the Marriage License is not existing are they going to give me a paper stating that we have no Marriage License?

I am looking for a an easiest and possible ground for my annulment aside from Psychological Incapacitated.

View user profile


Arresto Mayor
up.... ^_^ sa question ni TS...

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Marriage licence is to allow to get married. Marriage certificate proves that you got married. It is not the same. However the number of the marriage license issued to you will be indicated in your MC just like the LCR told to your parents.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Additional: Art. 34 is not applicable to your case since you are just 19 when got married.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum