Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

i really need your help

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 i really need your help on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:05 am

voltra

Arresto Menor
ask ko lang po sana kung ano ang mga dpat gawin kc nagpakasal kmi last 1995 and im only turning 18 and my husband is 18 yrs old at that time so nagdecide kmi to tamper our birth cert at inadjust namin ng 1 yr ang aming age, ngaun po naguguluhan ako kung ano ang ipafile ko dhil na rin sa mga nababasa ko na voidable daw po ung marriage namin, am i still single?maraming maraming salamat po sa sagot nyo.

View user profile

2 Re: i really need your help on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:35 pm

attyLLL

a marriage where one of the parties is underage is void, but without a judicial declaration, your marriage is considered valid.

however, if someone with sufficient basis will file a case to annul your marriage, then it will be vulnerable.

you are considered married by the law. but you may face problems later on when you submit documents and it is noticed that your dates of birth on your bc and marriage cert do not match.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 i really need ur help on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:51 pm

voltra

Arresto Menor
ano po ang dapat kong gawin para maayos ko ito?

View user profile

4 Re: i really need your help on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 pm

attyLLL

it depends, what is your objective? to be single again or to protect your marriage? you mentioned that you were confused on what you need to file, do you mean a court case?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 i really need ur help on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:42 pm

voltra

Arresto Menor
if gus2 ko po maging single uli ano po ang dapat gawin? at kung gus2 ko po maretain ang marriage ano po ba ang kailangan gawin? at kung gaano po katagal ang mga proseso. salamat po

View user profile

6 Re: i really need your help on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 pm

attyLLL

if you wish to be single, you will have to file a petition in court to annul your marriage on the basis of not having legal capacity to enter into marriage. at least 6 mos to 1 year.

if you wish to retain your marriage, then i recommend you do nothing. there is a legal presumption that a marriage is valid and only a spouse or someone with sufficient interest can question the marriage.

View user profile

7 Re: i really need your help on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:39 am

voltra

Arresto Menor
maraming maraming salamat po

View user profile

8 Re: i really need your help on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:44 pm

kaiseramber

Arresto Menor
i had the same problem ..i got married 1996..and only 17 yrs old and hubby was 18yrs old,my mom tamper my B.C also...
so you mean if someone can make a proof that its been tamper my B.C the marriage thing would be in valid..? but my marriage certificate has its registration number and they say it means its registered in N.S.O
how is that ?

View user profile

9 Re: i really need your help on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:13 am

attyLLL

kaiser, registration of the marriage certificate has no bearing on the validity of your marriage. technically, your marriage is void if you were less than 18, but only someone with sufficient interest, such as your husband, can file a case to declare it annulled. it is presumed valid as long as there is no judicial decree stating otherwise.

View user profile

10 Re: i really need your help on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:52 am

kaiseramber

Arresto Menor
thank you for response..
so register number is not the validity of marriage!
marriage thing is void coz less than 18...but my parents are one of the witnesses..
is only husband can declare annulled or some family or relatives also?

View user profile

11 Re: i really need your help on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:00 am

attyLLL

kaiser, do you want your marriage to remain valid or declared void?

right now, only you and your husband can file a case, but when one of you dies, there may be heirs who can challenge the validity of the marriage because it affects their share in the estate. if you're not rich, then it won't be an issue.

View user profile

12 Re: i really need your help on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:02 am

kaiseramber

Arresto Menor
i want my marriage declared void...coz im goin to apply for citizenship then want to get my son...
like i said to my other issue.
when i filed for US VISA i didnt put my son or single parent ,coz im not sure if this marriage thing is valid,.
what could be the best advice you can give me for my situation.

View user profile

13 Re: i really need your help on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 pm

attyLLL

your marriage is presumed to be valid, and you can declare otherwise only when there is a judicial declaration that it is void.

the remedy is to file a petition in court to annul the marriage on the basis of absence of legal capacity.

View user profile

14 Re: i really need your help Today at 5:33 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum