Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bigamy case for muslims

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:44 am

Waleed

Arresto Menor
Hello po. Hingi lang po sana ako ng legal advice from attys.
First of all, i married my wife even she still married with her ex-husband-they have a 13y daughter leaving with her father but supported by my wife. We are both abroad and converted to Islam prior to our marriage.
My question is, is her ex-husband have the right to file a case-bigamy to my wife even they have no communication for atleast 6years with verbal agreement to have separate lives?
If yes, what can we do to petition or defense our selves? And what is the penalty for bigamy?
I hope to hear an answer, thanks in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:52 am

Waleed

Arresto Menor
*living

View user profile

3 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:00 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Did you two got married abroad? Never let her go home for at least 20 years because she is outside the country, he can only pursue the case if she is in the country. If at the moment she is outside the Philippines, she is outside jurisdictions and iF you marry her outside.

View user profile

4 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor
Thanks for your response.
We got married in philippines in 2012 under shari'a during our vacation.

View user profile

5 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:57 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
But this marriage for more than one person under Sharia law only applies to men not to women. Of course she can be used of bigamy in this case by her first husband.
Just don't let her go back to Philippines anymore because if she do, she'll be arrested if the first husband filed a case of bigamy against her. There are lots of Asian countries that are not very strict with Philippine passport which she can use as a stop over if you are on process of your visas for example in the Middel East. The best if you can find a job if not in Singapore or any Western Country that you can eventually obtained and changed citizenship for 10 years the better. This country will only ask your whereabouts for 10 years and if you've been married for a long time they don't even ask for CENOMAR only marriage certificate will be enough for the processing.

View user profile

6 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
When I say 10 years whereabouts is the country where you've been so DO NOT LIVE IN PHILIPPINES FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS! So they don't need to know about your history in the Philippines.

View user profile

7 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:02 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Another thing, since she was converted into Muslim, change her Christian name to a Muslim name.

View user profile

8 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor
AWV wrote:Another thing, since she was converted into Muslim, change her Christian name to a Muslim name.

What are the procedures for changing the names?

View user profile

9 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor
AWV wrote:But this marriage for more than one person under Sharia law only applies to men not to women. Of course she can be used of bigamy in this case by her first husband.
Just don't let her go back to Philippines anymore because if she do, she'll be arrested if the first husband filed a case of bigamy against her. There are lots of Asian countries that are not very strict with Philippine passport which she can use as a stop over if you are on process of your visas for example in the Middel East. The best if you can find a job if not in Singapore or any Western Country that you can eventually obtained and changed citizenship for 10 years the better. This country will only ask your whereabouts for 10 years and if you've been married for a long time they don't even ask for CENOMAR only marriage certificate will be enough for the processing.

Under Shari'a Law, if a woman converted to Islam with a marriage in Christian man, her marriage is voided if the man is not willing to convert and she can marry a Muslim man.

Is the 10yrs you mentioned is straight or even with a gap? Coz we use to take our vacation every 2 years.

In case he filed a case, will it be registered also in the airport/immigration and get arrested there?

Can he file a case even we are here abroad?

thanks

View user profile

10 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:50 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
"Under Shari'a Law, if a woman converted to Islam with a marriage in Christian man, her marriage is voided if the man is not willing to convert and she can marry a Muslim man"

The marriage will be "suspended" (not voided or nullify) until the non-muslim husband converted to Islam. Correct if i'm wrong but what i know is that your "wife" must divorce her husband and enter into a iddah or period of waiting. If her husband enters in islam during the iddah, she may return to him and does not need a new contract. If her husband enters in Islam after the iddah, she may have to choose between returning to her husband or marrying another Muslim

The question is, is the husband aware of the changing of religion of his wife? was the husband got informed of the consequences if he will not "convert" to Islam like her wife? We cannot say that your wife and her husband doesn't have communication for 6 years because their child is with her husband and she is providing support for the kid. I suggest that you seek the help of a lawyer who are more familiar with Shari'a law.

Good luck

View user profile

11 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor
Yes u are right she has to divorce him but since no divorce in phil she didnt do that. Besides in islam a wife cant divorce her husband. The iddah in islam is if her husband divorce her.
The "husband" has been informed and aware of the changes of her religion but since he is not willing to do the same and since the law im shari'a she can marry a muslim man.
If in case it happened that he filed a case, what is our chances of winning or defending ourselves?

View user profile

12 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:18 am

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Waleed wrote:Yes u are right she has to divorce him but since no divorce in phil she didnt do that. Besides in islam a wife cant divorce her husband. The iddah in islam is if her husband divorce her.
The "husband" has been informed and aware of the changes of her religion but since he is not willing to do the same and since the law im shari'a she can marry a muslim man.
If in case it happened that he filed a case, what is our chances of winning or defending ourselves?

We have annulment in Philippines which the same as divorce. still i suggest to consult a lawyer expert in shari'a law. because the question here is which shall be applied?

View user profile

13 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:09 am

Waleed

Arresto Menor
concepab wrote:
Waleed wrote:Yes u are right she has to divorce him but since no divorce in phil she didnt do that. Besides in islam a wife cant divorce her husband. The iddah in islam is if her husband divorce her.

We have annulment in Philippines which the same as divorce. still i suggest to consult a lawyer expert in shari'a law. because the question here is which shall be applied?

How much po kaya ang magagastos dito at gaano katagal ang processing since nasa abroad po kami.

View user profile

14 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:10 am

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
Waleed wrote:
concepab wrote:

How much po kaya ang magagastos dito at gaano katagal ang processing since nasa abroad po kami.

depende sa abogado na makukuha nyo.

View user profile

15 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:08 am

Waleed

Arresto Menor
In anyway po ba pede magdemanda ung lalaki kahit nasa ibang bansa ung babae?
Parehas po ba ang kakasuhan o babae lang?
Ano naman po ang case na pede ifile at ilang taon ito? Balable po ba?
May pede po bang ikontra de manda?
Marami g salamat po

View user profile

16 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:29 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
In anyway po ba pede magdemanda ung lalaki kahit nasa ibang bansa ung babae?

Possible but will not prosper until you return to the country.

Parehas po ba ang kakasuhan o babae lang?

Depends if your second husband knows your situation before marrying you.

Ano naman po ang case na pede ifile at ilang taon ito? Balable po ba?

Bigamy! Not sure if it is bailable, I guess it depends on the evidence submitted.

May pede po bang ikontra de manda?

Doubt it!

Marami g salamat po

It's better for you not to go back for many years at least more than 10 years, until husband case is buried or he's dead! Razz

View user profile

17 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor
Tnx sa response. Ano po ba ang procedures para mag procede ang bigamy case?
How much it will take? Time needed? Eveidences?

View user profile

18 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor
Tnx sa response. Ano po ba ang procedures para mag procede ang bigamy case?
How much it will take? Time needed? Eveidences?

View user profile

19 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor
Pede po ba sya mag petition or mag ask ng legal case kung nsan ung babae for example madeport ung babae or anything para mapauwi o makasuhan kahit ns ibng bansa

View user profile

20 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Hangga't wala silang exact address Kung nasang bansa ka wala silang mapadalhan ng subpoena! At kahit meron pa at hindi makipag cooperate sa kanila ang ibang bansa dahil nasa labas ka ng bansa. Kaya nga lumalabas ng bansa ang mga kriminal for that reason. Pero Kung terrorists ka kahit saan ka pa pumunta hahanapin ka ni Jack Bauer o di kaya may warrant ka at tumuntong ka sa Pinas eh di hulog ka sa bitag! Ganun lang yun!

View user profile

21 Re: Bigamy case for muslims on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:49 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
AWV wrote:Hangga't wala silang exact address Kung nasang bansa ka wala silang mapadalhan ng subpoena! At kahit meron pa at hindi makipag cooperate sa kanila ang ibang bansa dahil nasa labas ka ng bansa. Kaya nga lumalabas ng bansa ang mga kriminal for that reason. Pero Kung terrorists ka kahit saan ka pa pumunta hahanapin ka ni Jack Bauer o di kaya may warrant ka at tumuntong ka sa Pinas eh di hulog ka sa bitag! Ganun lang yun!

Jack Bauer RULES!!! m3 

View user profile

22 Re: Bigamy case for muslims Today at 8:23 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum