Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attorney, contract to sell Please help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Attorney, contract to sell Please help on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 am


Arresto Menor
Good day Attorney,

Please help po Attorney, about this problem and what we could do to settle this.
I sold a my property to a person in 2004. This person loaned thru Pag-ibig Fund and partially paid the said property thru the loan proceeds.

The remaining balance is to be paid within one year by this person. He(the person) issued several post dated checks covering the remaining balance and an affidavit that the remaining unpaid balance after January 2005 will be subjected to 2% per month. After this, this person made some payments, the last was Aug of 2005. To this date, he never made any payment abandoning a balance of 203T. Interest computed based on the affidavit is about 462T.

I was working abroad then, and just let my brother handled this. This year, i am back in the Philippines for good and try to go after this person. I went to the said property and found that the person's brother is staying at the house. We are now trying to communicate with the person who is now abroad, thru his email which was provided by the brother. Unfortunately, after 3 emails, this person is not responding. I texted several times to the brother advising him to remind the brother about the account and to communicate with us to settle this. (the brother is cooperative naman).

My question is how can we go after this person to pay his remaining obligation. I have his post dated bounced checks and his affidavit. Can we seek the help of Pag-ibig on this. Is there a chance for us to get our money from this con man? Please advise on how we may proceed. Can you recommend a lawyer to help us with this? Lookin forward to hear from you.

Thank you very much.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum