Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2nd Marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2nd Marriage on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:10 pm

LG_G2

Arresto Menor
Ask ko lang po..

Kung ang guy na American citizen (naturalized) ay nagpakasal sa Pilipinas at nagpa divorce sa US. Can he legally marry another woman in the US?
At kung umuwi sila ng Pilipinas, what will be the rights of the second wife? Will the marriage be considered legal in the Philippines?

Badly need your answer po. Maraming salamat

View user profile

2 Re: 2nd Marriage on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:25 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
LG_G2 wrote:Ask ko lang po..

Kung ang guy na American citizen (naturalized) ay nagpakasal sa Pilipinas at nagpa divorce sa US.  Can he legally marry another woman in the US?  
At kung umuwi sila ng Pilipinas, what will be the rights of the second wife? Will the marriage be considered legal in the Philippines?

Badly need your answer po.  Maraming salamat

Yes! he can divorce you and he should forward the divorce papers to you so you can get married too! You have to submit the copy of his divorce papers to be recognised in the Philippines and you are free to marry again.

View user profile

3 Re: 2nd Marriage on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:55 pm

LG_G2

Arresto Menor
Thank you AWV for your immediate response.

I heard that hindi magiging valid ang second marriage ni guy sa Philippines dahil walang divorce dito.

Valid sa US but not here in PI.

But based on your comment, he or i can get married for the second time legally.

Now I'm relieved. Thank you.

View user profile

4 Re: 2nd Marriage on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Thank you AWV for your immediate response.  

I heard that hindi magiging valid ang second marriage ni guy sa Philippines dahil walang divorce dito.

Of course his marriage is valid after the recognitions of his divorce in the Philippines. Being Americanised, he is no longer under Philippines jurisdictions.

Valid sa US but not here in PI.

But based on your comment, he or i can get married for the second time legally.  

After the divorce has been recognised then you can get married legally. As his divorce to you will be recorded and you are free to marry another guy after that because he is the one who divorce you! But if you divorce him it will not work for you!

Now I'm relieved.  Thank you.

View user profile

5 Re: 2nd Marriage on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:04 pm

LG_G2

Arresto Menor
Thank you AWV for the clarification. This forum is very helpful. More power and God bless.

View user profile

6 Re: 2nd Marriage Today at 10:22 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum