Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Better Call Saul

Arresto Menor

ITT we discuss the constitutionality or unconstitutionality of the BBL

View user profile

2 UNCONSTITUTIONAL on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 am

dxlapid

Arresto Menor
I think its unconstitutional for one the BBL would like to dissolve ARMM which is a creation of the Constitution. And the BBL sounds like creating a state within a state.

View user profile

3 Re: Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:41 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
dxlapid wrote:I think its unconstitutional for one the BBL would like to dissolve ARMM which is a creation of the Constitution. And the BBL sounds like creating a state within a state.

It is not only unconstitutional, but a one-sided deal as well.

View user profile

4 Re: Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:30 am

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
Given the Mamasapano incident, the BBL has been put into more scrutiny, which is in favor for those who want to investigate the intentions behind such law.

Since the BBL hearing was suspended indefinitely, there is a clear chance that such won't be passed because of the seemingly unjustifiable clause of the MILF/BIFF being exonerated of all previous charges and illegal actions that they have done. That clause needs to be removed or otherwise amended to avoid those groups from escaping the long arm of the law.

The question whether or not the MILF is a revolutionary government or a belligerent group has resurfaced under Sen. Santiago's questioning and discussion with DOJ Sec. Leila de Luma, which has to be ultimately resolved before any BBL discussions can progress further.

View user profile

5 Re: Bangsamoro Basic Law Discussion on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:39 pm

karl rove

Reclusion Perpetua
i admire all your opinions and comment about the BBL, you must remember that GMA tried to created a former BBL but was struck down... its always constitutional superiority that ought to prevail.

View user profile

6 Very well said. on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 pm

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
karl rove wrote:i admire all your opinions and comment about the BBL, you must remember that GMA tried to created a former BBL but was struck down... its always constitutional superiority that ought to prevail.

Indeed. Constitutional superiority should be held above all other laws. Amending the constitution is a long and tedious process, which the BBL supporters are avoiding since they clearly want to expedite the approval process of the BBL... Such will not redound to their benefit.

View user profile

7 Unconstitutional on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Marlouis

Arresto Menor
Read the opinion of Retired Justice Vicente Mendoza (2015)

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum