Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will this be a qualified theft?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Will this be a qualified theft? on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:18 am

Arresto Menor
Hi! Please help me regarding this matter. I am renting a room in a house and there are other boarders. I learned that one of the boarders took my beer. I confronted him regarding this and he said that the other tenants told him that it was left by the transients. I asked the other tenants and they denied what the old man (the man who took my beer) said. They told me that they told the old man that they do not know who owns the beer. Well, I asked the old man to replace it but after a month of waiting, no replacement happened. He just keeps on telling that he will replace it 'later or tomorrow'.

Is this a qualified theft? I want to file a case against him. To the readers, it may sound petty, but to us,it is not. The other tenants and I have been living peacefully in this house together for over a year (the others were here longer than me). Since he started to rent here, food items keep on disappearing (rice, condiments, cooking oil, etc). In addition to that, we would find our freshly laundered clothes dirty or our undergarments having holes made by scissors. However, we have no evidence for that except for the beer theft.

It started to get chaotic since the old man started living with us two months ago. He has an attitude that gets into your nerve. This is why I want to know if I can pursue a case. I read some stuff and base on  my interpretation of the Chapter 3, Art 108 of the Criminal Law of the Phils, what the old man did to me is a qualified theft. Please help me regarding this matter. Thank you very much!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum