Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daughter wants to file a complaint against her father and father's mistress

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

I want to know if there is something I can do regarding my family's situation. My parents separated last 2010 after my mother sent out my father because of his repeated infidelity. In 2010, he already impregnated one of his mistresses. Ever since, my father always failed to send us adequate financial support. Sometimes, he would just send P150-P200 pesos per week, considering that we are 4 siblings and 2 were in college. In the same year of 2010, his pregnant mistress made fake Facebook account of my father (I know this is fake because my father does not know anything about computers and internet). She added many of my friends in Facebook (including my high school friends, college friends and relatives) and then started posting pictures of herself and my father. The pictures were with captions as if they are happy, and that my father is happier with her etc. That was very embarrassing on my part because some of my friends know my parents. We let this pass. But it did not stop there, the woman would occasionally send my mother some text messages that are really offending. Since 2010 until 2014, my father would sometimes visit us, like 3-4x a year but never gave us enough financial support. Since 2010 to 2014, there were times the woman sent my mom and brother some offending text messages. My mother would just cry silently every time this happened. And then recently, this September, the woman started texting my mother again. She was telling my mother that she spent a large amount of my father's money, while we are almost begging our father to send us financial support. Then my father started to ridicule us, calling us tanga etc. He also wanted us to just shut up and not to do anything despite the persistent texting of the woman and his lack of financial support.

With this, I just really wanted us to have a peaceful life without the mistress sending us text messages. Also, I just don't want my father visiting us again after what he did. My mother, a martyr, would not want to do anything at all. Since my mother does not want to file a case against them, I want to know if I can do something as a child. I understand that VAWC exist, but I am already 23 years old, and not considered as a child. I also thought of concubinage sine my father and mistress is already living under the same roof and my dad would introduce her as his wife. But I read that only the spouse could file that. I don't know if I have a right to do some legal actions with the matter. I am really stressed out and anxious even at the sight of my father or thought of his mistress. Is there any legal action I can do to cease them from harassing us? Though the text messages were sent to my mother and brother, I am still affected I think because of all the psychological and financial abuse we had before.

Pleas at least tell me if I can do something.

Ps. My father is a police officer

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Only your mother can file a case of concubinage against him BUT since he is a police officer file a case against him with Ombudsman.
I think your father will be charge of administrative case.
That will be enough para matanggal sya sa pagka pulis at malamang kulong pa sya dahil ikaw ang magsasampa ng kaso so hindi na makapag martyr ang mother mo!

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Thanks sa response! Pwede pa ba ako magfile ng case against him dahil hindi siya nagpapadala ng pera kahit na above 18 na ako? Kasi hindi na ako dependent sa kanya, though yung 2 kong kapatid ay minors pa.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum