Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incorrect surname. .

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Incorrect surname. . on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:47 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day!

I really have a serious problem when it comes to the registration of my birth certificate. Mali po kasi yung surname, parents name even their marriage date registered on my birth cert. We found out na mali pala yung ginagamit naming surname when I was in highschool and since then, ginagamit ko na yung totoong pangalan ng father ko(taiwanese national). Now, I'm at my legal age, I'm having difficulty getting some documents(employment purposes) kaya minarapat ko na din na ayusin ang pangalan ko. I went to the civil registrar office of manila, where they gave a list of requirements to initiate the correction of entry. Ang problema, my father has been deceased since I was just a baby and we don't even have any other documents like his birth cert to present since hindi naman sya dito pinganak at yung death certificate nya e mali din yung naregister na pangalan sa hospital since no one knows the correct spelling of his name back then since taiwanese national sya at hindi rin tuwid magtagalog. And then pumunta ako ng PAO to seek legal advice pero they just turned me down kasi kulang daw ako sa documents(fathers birth certificate) which is really impossible for me to get since wala naman kami contact sa family nya in Taiwan. I went to the embassy of Taiwan, at katakot-takot na lakad ang ginawa ko at pakikipagusap sa ibat-ibang tao para at least to get any documents to support my request for the correction of entry pero in the end wala pa din ako nakuha any documents from them. What we only have is his old and expired passport(that has his signature on it), Old immigration certificate which was issued on 1984 na nagpapatunay na pwede sya magstay dito sa pilipinas and their marriage contract. Nga pala, we also have his signature on my birth certificate which is in chinese character(someone translate the signature and it shows na iba yung signature nya sa printed english name na nakasulat sa birth certificate ko), sya lang kasi iniinterview ng nurse when my mom gave birth on me, e hindi nman straight yung pagsasalita ng tagalog ng father ko kaya kung ano lang naintindhan nung nurse yun lang din nilagay niya.

I really hope I could get some help regarding my case.
Would be happy as well if there is someone, like a legal expert that I can talk to. I'm starting to lose hope with my situation.

Thank you

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum