For example po, After 5 years the respondent won in a criminal case due to insufficient evidence. And my questions are the following:
1. Is there a legal basis that a respondent can file a civil case for mental anguish and sleepless night worth 2 million pesos? Due to the fact that he experienced jail for 2 days but eventually released because of bail. and it was a burden for 5 years that everyday or every night he think of the case.
2. When a corporation or company is the one that filed a case because they rely on the statement of their witness. Who should be the respondent in filing the civil case? the company or their witness?
3. After winning the case. How long would be the prescription period in filing civil case?
4. Is there any jurisprudence on CA or SC regarding to my question in no. 1 and question no.2 that I can google?
5. Regarding the amount (2 million pesos) that was asked. What will be the smartest way to come up with a reasonable amount in filing the civil case for mental anguish and sleepless night?
Thanks in advance sir/mam!