Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Right to Property

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Right to Property on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Arresto Menor
Our case is under mediation to partition the property among 7 siblings named in my mother's 1989 deed of donation which unfortunately omitted my name.  My mother died in 2010.  The 2 brothers who have been staying in our house for over 34 years have become greedy and disrespectful of the other siblings. The brothers challenged the other siblings to legal battle and boasted they will make it difficult for the other siblings to get their share. The 4 siblings filed an action and the court sent the case for mediation.  One of my brothers signed a waiver in 2002 to give up his rights to the property.  Now he stated he still wants his share to the property.  Since this case is under mediation, I am now taking the opportunity to be included in the partition also.  My 4 siblings agreed and signed the proposal to add my name in the partition.  My understanding of mediation is this is extra-judicial or settlement out of court.  Is it right to impose that I should also be included in the partition?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum