Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

childs change surname

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 childs change surname on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:35 am

lady_miel

Arresto Menor
gud day, please advise me what should i do? i have a 1 year old child, nka-apelyido sa father nya ung anak q but we are not married, live-in lng.. now we are seperated.. gusto ko poh malipat sa akin ung apelyido ng anak ko..anu poh dpat kong gawin? thanks

View user profile

2 Re: childs change surname on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:07 am

attyLLL

a person should use only the name stated on his birth certificate. your remedy is to file a petition in court for change of name. in my opinion, however, with the revilla law on names of illegitimate children, the court may not agree to change the name of the child.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: childs change surname on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:57 pm

lady_miel

Arresto Menor
sir u mean, mahihirapan mapalipat sa surname q ung anak ko? d nman kz ngsusustento ung father nya,, do u think sir malaking laban un if i file a petition sa court?

View user profile

4 Re: childs change surname on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:01 pm

attyLLL

to be honest i'm not sure how the court will decide when a mother asks that the name of the child be reverted to hers, and i find this to be what's wrong with the revilla law. originally, it was supposed to be that an illegitimate child will use the name of he mother only, but but if the father acknowledges at the time of registration, the father's last name will be registered, and there will be no changing it without a court order.

i prefer the procedure for later acknowledgment. the mother's surname is first registered as the child's last name. upon later acknowledgment, the birth certificate is merely stamped that the child is authorized to use the father's surname. that way, i believe the child can still have a choice which name to use.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: childs change surname on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:48 pm

maribelletalidong

Arresto Menor
regarding about it..my friend married a pregnant woman (child is not his) it means the child carrying his name but they got separated and he wants to remove his name from the child of his wife from other man..how it possible..do need a dna for that

View user profile

6 Re: childs change surname on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 pm

attyLLL

the father has to file a case to impugn the legitimacy of the child. and can only do so before 1 year from the time the birth certificate was filed.

View user profile

7 Re: childs change surname on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:51 am

maribelletalidong

Arresto Menor
forget to mention , theyre live together for 10 years and they got separated only recently

View user profile

8 Re: childs change surname on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:55 pm

pima17

Arresto Menor
my boyfriend file fiancee visa for me the problem is..can i bring my daughter even shes carrying his dads lastname pero were not yet married po nman ng daddy ng daughter ko at three years na kming hiwalay?

View user profile

9 Re: childs change surname on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:26 am

attyLLL

maribelle, that is not relevant. if the period has expired, he is barred from doing so.

pima, that depends on the law of the place you are going to. better ask your fiance to inquire with an immigration lawyer

View user profile

10 Re: childs change surname on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:05 pm

pima17

Arresto Menor
i really want to change my daughters lastname and you said that is to file a petition in court for change of lastname, how long it will take to process that? and if ever magkikita rin ba kmi ulit ng father nya sa court?and ayaw din nya akong bigyan ng consent para maisama ko ang daughter ko sa US.where not married and 5yrs old pa lang ang anak ko. thanks

View user profile

11 Re: childs change surname on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 am

attyLLL

pima, please see my answer in post no. 4 above.

View user profile

12 Re: childs change surname Today at 4:03 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum