Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tenancy over a farmland

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tenancy over a farmland on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Good day!

Atty., my father has been tilling of a parcel of land from 1986. However, his service was interrupted from 1996-2005 when my grandmother took over. He resumed paying taxes from 2005 & even paid fees from 2003-2005 which my grandmother failed to settle. The 5-ha. farm my dad is currently tilling is actually the "retained area" from an originally 7 ha. parcel of land, about 2 ha. of which was already awarded to my grandparents.

Last week, my father received a personal letter from the land owner indicating her intention to terminate my father's services immediately, as in November 2010.

I have the following questions:

1) Can my father's tenancy be established by the receipts of payments he made to the landowner?
2) What are my father's rights as tenant?
3) What are the valid grounds to terminate tenancy? Is there any proper procedure for termination to undergo? Can the landowner simply terminate my father' services through a letter?
4) May my father demand anything for the termination of his service?
5) Does the 1/3 rule still apply with the remaining 5-ha. land area even if the excess 2 ha. was already awarded to my grandparents, who were also tenants of the original 7-ha. lot?

Thank you very much for the attention you have given this inquiry.

View user profile

2 Re: Tenancy over a farmland on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 am

attyLLL

i have to confess, i am not well versed in agri tenancy law. is your father registered at the DAR as a tenant?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Tenancy over a farmland on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 am

I suppose he is Atty. He succeeded my grandparents when they passed away. Nobody else tills the land but my father. He remits taxes after every season.

View user profile

4 Re: Tenancy over a farmland on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 am

attyLLL

i recommend you inquire with your father and the DAR whether he is a registered tenant.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Tenancy over a farmland Today at 4:48 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum