Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of Surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Change of Surname on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 am


Arresto Menor
i am not married to the father of my child, my child is using his father's surname but i wanted to change my son's surname to mine. what grounds can i use to make this possible?
Thank You.

View user profile

2 Re: Change of Surname on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:07 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
1) File the petition for name change with your local RTC and include in the petition the reason you want the name change and the new name you are petitioning for. You must sign the petition or have it signed by another person on your behalf.

2) Request a hearing date. According to the Rules of Court, Rule 103, the court will arrange for the notice of your request to be published in a newspaper that has circulation in your province. Your hearing will not be set before four months after the final notice publication.

3) Attend the hearing where it is possible for anyone to appear and oppose your request.

4) Contact the civil register in the city or municipality your request for a name change is granted to confirm that it has been registered properly.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum