Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car Accident - What happens if both parties disagree on a settlement term?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
Hello. I had a very minor car accident last week and admitted to be at fault. Both parties agreed to come up with a settlement instead to close the issue. But the other party brought his vehicle to his "accredited" repair shop and was asking me 14 thousand pesos as payment for the repair. I disagreed knowing that it was just a slight dent and paint damage on his old surplus vehicle(a surplus dump truck). In fact, we can get a car washover for 15K. I am hoping to get another estimate on the repair but if both parties cannot come up with an agreement, can the other party sue me in court?

To add, the accident happened without any pictures taken the time it happened. The only document they can produce is the Police Report.

Thanks and hoping to get an advice on this matter.

Last edited by doting711 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error)

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum