Thank you to all contributors who are always ready to answer questions.
I don't know how to start this, But I will try my best to explain.
#1. Two years ago, My mother bought a residential land from a distant relative in Benguet, its 300sqm for merely 100k. We are not from Benguet, My mother did not get a land title yet. And she found out that it's only a "RIGHTS" that she bought . First what is RIGHTS mean?
#2. After one year, the original seller said there's been people squatting in the property and my mother's land is NOW reduced to 150sqm more or less. And the seller said he can't tell the squatters to leave because of the violence. Police got involve and guns has been waved at them. Now because of this we ask the seller to give us a new land instead, and he said OK.
#3. Now, my mother is aging and she has no ways to deal with this
and has no interest living in Benguet and she's giving the land to me. What should I do to protect the new land that they are offering us?
1. What document should I ask the seller?
2. How do I verify the docs? and the size of the land?
3. Can he sell the land if its gov't own?
4. Please explain to me what "rights" mean?
5. The seller said we should install fence and gates to avoid people to squat/trespass. Is that really true?. I mean people will squat even though is fenced in right if they know that the owner is not there.
6. Is is a good idea to build a cheaply made house there?
7, We are not planning to live there for at least 20 years. I just want to save it for my retirement.
Please can anyone give me any information. Thanks for your help.
If my explanation is not clear, you can ask me more questions.