Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other Recourses

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Other Recourses on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day,

My husband abandoned me after only 13 months of marriage. We have no children. He has been cohabiting ever since with his mistress.

10 months after abandoning me, he filed an annulment case against me citing me as psychologically incapacitated (Dependent Personality Disorder)in addition to his having Narcissistic Disorder. The diagnosis is false and was made without my knowledge and presence.

I filed an RA9262 case against him for Psychological Violence (marital infidelity, destruction of personal property, abandonment). This was suspiciously dismissed by the fiscal even with my sworn statement and evidences plus sworn statements from the private investigator.

The opposing side denied the marital infidelity during the annulment pretrial briefing. The judge also said that we should file a concubinage case. My friends said that I should also file an Administrative case based on immorality against him since he's also a government employee.

Can I still file the concubinage and administrative case even though the annulment case has already started? It has been almost 3 years since he abandoned me. What other recourse can you recommend so that I can have justice?

Thank you for your advise.

View user profile

2 Re: Other Recourses on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:47 am


the stages of your proceedings are pretty far advanced. don't you have a lawyer?

concubinage can work if you can prove that he is living in with another woman.

by opposing his petition for annulment, you are, in a way, getting back at him. opposed annulments are hard to prove especially if the psychologist never examined you. nevertheless, it is still possible to prove that he is the one incapacitated. even if he wins in the rtc, you can still appeal and keep the case from becoming final until it reaches the supreme court. the office of the solicitor general may even join your appeal.

if you are entitled to economic support, then you can demand this and his failure will be deemed economic violence under VAWC.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum