Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 CHANGE SURNAME NEED ADVICE/HELP on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully may makapag-advise or help sa problem ko about sa re-opening of late registered NSO certificate ko. Lagi kasi lumalabas yung luma / original or maling surname ko. Ang nalagay sa una is Abania which is dapat is Sarte (surname ng mama ko) lahat ng documents ko SARTE na gamit ko at buti nahabol yung pagkuha ko ng passport. Now nagiging tour escort ako sa mga group namin sa office and I travel several countries na rin. Now gusto ng boss ko sa Japan naman ako ipag tour escort kaso nagkaproblema sa NSO Birth certificate ko naka-blocked na yung SARTE. lagi na lang lumalabas yung Abania. Sa korea nakapunta na ako kasi hindi need NSO Cert pag-apply ng visa. Maayos pa kaya ang birth certificate?

How can I resolved this kind of problem.

Thank you
Very Happy  Very Happy

View user profile

2 Re: CHANGE SURNAME NEED ADVICE/HELP on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 am

Sorry for the late response Attorney. The first one registered when I was born (ABANIA) the second one is when i was 1 or 3 years old (not sure) (SARTE) Meron po akong photocopy nung sarte apelydo kaso malabo na yung sa late registered. Eh pag kuha po ng Japan visa is major needed nila ang current NSO Birth cert. Huling kuha ko sa NSO na SARTE is when my mom process her australian visa last 2 years ago. Last year pinapakuha ako ng NSO for FAM TOUR ng airline sa office namin ako dapat representative ng office kaso pagkuha ko ng nso online yung nadeliver sakin is ung original. Twice ko ginawa pero ganun pa rin. pinuntahan ko po yung caloocan city hall at sabi naka-lock na daw yung SARTE w/c is yun talaga dapat. Highly advice nila ipa-court pa para ma-open yung SARTE at yung ABANIA ang i-lock. Yun na lang po ba ang best way Attorney? Dun po ako nagkkaprob sa Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam at Korea na po napuntuhan ko Japan talaga ang mahigpit. Thank you.

View user profile

3 Re: CHANGE SURNAME NEED ADVICE/HELP on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:57 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Hi, thanks for the additional information. Yes, once nadetect ng NSO system that there is more than one record, yung irerecognize ng system is yung pinakaunang registration. That is the reason why na-block yung SARTE.

This is not difficult naman kasi you have been using SARTE simula nung bata ka pa. However, there should be a petition for change of name in court para ma-correct ito. and once granted na ng court, ifoforward yung documents to the city hall and yung city hall yung magfoforward sa NSO para macorrect yung birth certificate mo.

Please PM me for more info. thanks.

Atty Katrina

View user profile

4 Re: CHANGE SURNAME NEED ADVICE/HELP on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:59 am

I would like to know how to change the surname of my grandchild who has been acknowledged by her biological father (he has not been giving financial support ever since the child was born) She has been using the surname of her mother when she started studying. I have consulted a lawyer and was informed that it has to go to court proceedings. Would a notarized letter which states that the father is giving permission as to change of surname help in facilitating the court proceedings? do you have any idea how much we would spend?

View user profile

5 Re: CHANGE SURNAME NEED ADVICE/HELP on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:59 am


Arresto Menor
I would like to inquire about the chance of changing the surname of my son. I have a son who is almost turning 2 years old carrying his Dad's surname. I want to change my son's surname into my surname for the following reasons:

1. I am not married with my son's father. I don't have any plan of being with him anymore.
2. He cannot support my son as he does not have a stable job and doesn't seem to have a plan in looking for one and is very dependent to his parent which I find difficult in establishing a good provision system to my son especially nowadays.
3. His own name is incorrect; His registered name has been altered by his mom during the time of baptism and never changed it on the local civil registry. He has been using the altered name in all his documents including his acknowledgement of my son and I think it might cause an issue in the future.

My son's father and I lived in together for quite some time to try if things will work out thinking his acknowledgement will lead to building a family. However, because of our irreconcilable differences; I decided for us to part ways. I realized that he is incapable of supporting us -even the baby. It also caused us to grow more apart and now I wanted to completely cut off the ties through my son's last name amendment.

Is there any possibility that I could change my son's surname into my surname? I want to fix his birth certificate as early as possible while my son is not yet going to school. I don't want my son to use his Dad's surname when he go to school.

I hope you could give me advise about what to do. What are the legal steps that I should do?

Thank you!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum