Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Requesting Legal Advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Requesting Legal Advice on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:46 am

k4yakko

Arresto Menor
Some months ago my sisterA asked if she could borrow my phone so she can use it as a means of communication for work. I agreed to lend her my phone for the time being. Following after that, i wanted to get back my phone since she already has an iphone5c. Since she frequently meets with my other sisterB, i asked her to pass the message about getting back my phone. I learnt that she did not want to give me back my phone and claims I gave it to her so now its hers. I made a post on her boyfriend's social media page (she blocked me on social media) stating her full name that she must return the phone to me with the hashtag #kawatanmoves and not to make her reputation worse. Now she and her boyfriend are threatening me that they will file a case against me.

1. What case can be filed? What grounds? Is it a strong case?
2. Is this qualified as theft? Can i file a case against her?

View user profile

2 Re: Requesting Legal Advice on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:41 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
Estafa because there was "juridical transfer" of the thing. grounds: deceit, breach of trust and confidence, abuse of confidence.

It is a strong case IF your sister is not living with you in the same roof, Otherwise, the case is vulnerable for dismissal.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum