Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

termination due to call avoidance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 termination due to call avoidance on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:10 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor
Hi,

I am currently working in a callcenter and I am now working for them for 4 years and 8 months.. My supervisor caught me transferring calls to other department last Friday and I admit that is not our process and I have an honest mistake..I did that because I am prioritizing the call that I got which is a complaint and I did transfer 4 calls that time because I missed to update some details of that customer and that's it.My supervisor called me and she let me explain in written and went to HR to pass my explanation ans as per HR that is a call avoidance which falls 0 tolerance and it leads to termination. So I am very shock at that point. Is this legal termination? Please help

View user profile

2 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:47 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor
I really need your help atty..

View user profile

3 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:54 pm

council

Reclusion Perpetua
dafs21 wrote:Hi,

I am currently working in a callcenter and I am now working for them for 4 years and 8 months.. My supervisor caught me transferring calls to other department last Friday and I admit that is not our process and I have an honest mistake..I did that because I am prioritizing the call that I got which is a complaint and I did transfer 4 calls that time because I missed to update some details of that customer and that's it.My supervisor called me and she let me explain in written and went to HR to pass my explanation ans as per HR that is a call avoidance which falls 0 tolerance and it leads to termination. So I am very shock at that point. Is this legal termination? Please help

What does your company policy say regarding call avoidance?

Your action falls under call avoidance and is terminable.

You're not supposed to transfer calls unless it's to escalate.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

4 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:07 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor
Hi,

Thanks for immediate response..call avoidance is a terminable case as per them, I have explained my side to them that I need to prioritized the customer who is complaining about his account so that if onky in case that customer go to their Ombudsman atleast our company wont get charge for losses and I admit due to high volume of calls I did transfer those calls to the proper department who can help them further and less focus because I need to finish my notes on that current customer's account.

View user profile

5 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:13 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor
If they consider that a call avoidance so should we consider that they are breaking their process? Because when we have a high volume of calls they are instructing us to do messaging which is you will advise the customer to call us back later due to high volumes of calls?

View user profile

6 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:04 pm

council

Reclusion Perpetua
dafs21 wrote:If they consider that a call avoidance so should we consider that they are breaking their process? Because when we have  a high volume of calls they are instructing us to do messaging which is you will advise the customer to call us back later due to high volumes of calls?

those are their rules so you follow them as instructed.

7 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:58 pm

dafs21

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the response..last question please.. If I lose the case will I still have the rights for them to pay my back wages?

View user profile

8 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:42 am

council

Reclusion Perpetua
dafs21 wrote:Thanks for the response..last question please.. If I lose the case will I still have the rights for them to pay my back wages?

you should be paid any amount that you have already worked for.

9 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:10 am

attyLLL

While this is in a form of call avoidance, I don't think this is the type considered as serious msconduct considering that you were handling another call, unlike cal avoidance where the agent is just being lazy

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

10 Re: termination due to call avoidance on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:22 am

council

Reclusion Perpetua
The other call was already completed and this "prioritizing" was more of documentation already. If there was a need to do any more work on the complaint then there are other ways to do it but not at the expense of cancelling or routing other calls away.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum