Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

If I'm in breach of contract, what can the aggrieved party do?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I have contracted to buy a business and paid 20% deposit. I am having 2nd thoughts and desperately want to just walk away. Obviously I forfeit the deposit but what else can the seller do to attempt enforcement of the contract?

1. He doesn't know where I live; how can he find me and can he get a judgement in absentia if he is unable to serve me a summons?

2. If he does get a judgement against me, can he take my bank accounts even if he doesn't know what bank I use or where I am?

3. Would this breach of contract effect my police clearance?

View user profile


1) he can do investigations to find you. there are persons who can do government database research. but if he cannot find you, but knows where your property is, then he can have the summons published and you will be deemed in default. if he doesn't know of any property and where you are, then the case won't prosper.

2) not him, but the court sheriff can write to the banks and inquire if you have a bank account and garnish them.

3) failure to fulfill a contract is not necessarily a crime. so unlikely. good luck.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum