Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Separation or Annullment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Legal Separation or Annullment on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am


Arresto Menor

I just need to ask for guidance. I have been married for more than 10 years now but I separated with my husband last 2010. We never had a child. It's been 2-3 years since we last talk. I now have a live in partner who unfortunately is also married for more than 10 years with 3 kids. I now have a child who is turning 3. I know that annulment takes time not to mention is very expensive. Is it possible to just have a legal separation? However I want to remarry with my new partner, my understanding is that for legal separation all your properties will be separated once the legal separation is granted and any earnings after that will no longer be conjugal. But you are still married. DOes this mean I really need to file for annulment? if Yes, would you know anyone I can consult this with that may not be too pricey?

2) We bought a car and unfortunately I cannot have it names after me nor can he name it under him or else if one of us dies one of our partners will claim the property right? Can we please have it named after our son even if he's below 18 y/o?

I really appreciate your help.

Ms Blue

View user profile

2 Re: Legal Separation or Annullment on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 am


Reclusion Temporal
your only remedy for you to marry each other is to have both your marriages annulled. a legal separation does not give you permission to remarry. you are still very much married to him. am worried though witg your 3 year old. kanino sya nakapangalan? about your propperties, actually pqede ka makipag usap sa lawyer pwede ka magfile ng petition sa court para makabili ka ng property kahit kasal ka pa sa kanya pero wala na syang habol. am not a lawyer pero nadiscuss na sakin yan dati ng lawyer ko...

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum