Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name on Birth certificate is the only different one

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello po, good morning!

What should my mom and dad do to correct their names on their birth certificates? All of their documents, IDs, and I think even their baptismal certificates have the names they use ever since. It is just on their birth certificate that they have different given names. I think it's because a different person registered the names for them, and they just knew about it when they were about to get married 24 years ago, but they have not done anything yet to change their names on the BCs since they only used a document from an attorney that they have witnesses that say they have used the names they use ever since, not the names on their birth certificates. Now they can't apply for passport because of the discrepancy on the birth certificates.

What should we do? Also, how much would it cost if ever?


View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua

That will involve court action for Change of Name. Just gather all documents stating the correct name. Since it will involve court action, you will need the assistance of a lawyer.

If you need legal assistance to process the change of name of your parents, please send me a private message (PM) or send an email to

Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum