Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Loan

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Salary Loan on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Arresto Menor
Good afternoon. I just want to consult my situation with a bank and their collection agency. The amount I owed as Salary Loan was PHP51k+ to be paid in installments of PHP3600+ monthly and due to unforeseen circumstances in the family being the breadwinner with ailing parents,  I was only able to pay once and another partial PHP500 sometime after.

I wanted to pay my obligation to the best of my ability but the loan has ballooned up to PHP500k+ and in 24 months has incurred another 24% and if not settled within 2 years will still incur interest.  I recently made a payment of PHP5k to let them know my intent to pay. I only work part-time and do not make a lot.

Is it possible to talk to the bank and settle the principal in installments? Also upon releasing the loan, they gave me a checking account prepared prior which the bank opened on my behalf -- with no copies of checks issued. I remember their contract says 40% per annum interest.

Hoping for your advice. I'm torn in getting this off my shoulders and their terms are burrowing me further... Thank you so much.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum