Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

confused about marriage cert.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 confused about marriage cert. on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:16 pm


Arresto Menor
hi again, just want to seek some legal concern about this thing. my aunt passed away 1999 and left a husband & 3 kids. as a family we wanted to make sure that the kids will be protected if their dad will marry again. my mom who is window for 20yrs enter into an agreement with my other aunt and they register a marriage between my uncle & my mom, my uncle did not know this up to now meaning to say they forge his signature to make it valid and have it register it in civil registry. they engage an authorize solemnizing officer to do all the signature and etc. to make it short it was validly register in civil registry.

now the question is there was a petition with my uncle and his kids in US. Since he was already widower he can bring his new wife in US. (take note that my uncle didn't know about this marriage with my mom). my uncle has a new gf which he wants to marry and bring in US together with his kids. what if they found out about the binding between my mom & my uncle??? can my uncle sue my mom about this??? how can we get out with this mess with out informing my uncle about this things?? since it was registered it will reflect in cenomar right??

so confused... please give us advice... i know its too complicated but atleast with you we could atleast ligten up some details. thanks again

View user profile

2 Re: confused about marriage cert. on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 pm


to dissolve a marriage, a petition has to be filed in court. you will have to name him as a respondent. i don't believe there is way to fix this without his knowing.

yes, your mother can be sued for falsification of public document, if it can be proven that she was the one who actually did this. hopefully her signature is not on the license and she can still deny it.

while i normally do not recommend it, this may be a good situation where you can keep silent and play dumb.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: confused about marriage cert. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:32 am


Arresto Menor
thanks for the advice... we'll just need to wait what will happen next.. hopefully my uncle would think that my mom did those things for the sake of his children and not being with him literally...

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum