Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Protection of an online buyer. Help please

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Protection of an online buyer. Help please on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:23 pm

pinksoda

Arresto Menor
Hi! Please enlighten me. Online shopping through social networking sites like Facebook are rampant these days and there is something in their business that caught my attention. Online sellers are not being fair as regards to their Terms and Conditions. I understand that they are just being cautious as to how they transact with their online clients/buyers, however, I noticed that they are so harsh when it comes to their so called "Buying Policy". These are the basic requirements they implement which I have just copied from various sellers' websites.:

1.Full payment first before shipping.
2.No RETURN, No EXCHANGE.
3.Reserved items are considered SOLD.
4.Failure to settle payment within 3 days of reservation shall be placed in the BOGUS BUYER album.
5.No CANCELLATIONS!
6.Once shipped, the seller is not liable for any loss or damage during shipment.
7.No BOGUS BUYERS! Save yourself from SHAME!

What are the Philippine laws violated in the
above-mentioned terms and conditions?

A very common situation I always see is this: If the buyer did not settle the payment for the item/thing they reserved within the agreed time/period, the seller posts the buyers' pictures on the "BOGUS BUYER" list and tag other users in the network socializing website. And that's embarrassing because random people on the internet world will be able to see. I feel sorry for those who end up being posted in the BOGUS BUYERS' list. Sad
Also, maybe these online sellers don't even pay taxes for their business.

Please enlighten me. Thank you.

View user profile

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
THe seller violated his duty to give Warranty against hidden or manufuctures defect.

View user profile

3 Re: Protection of an online buyer. Help please on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
pinksoda wrote:Hi! Please enlighten me. Online shopping through social networking sites like Facebook are rampant these days and there is something in their business that caught my attention. Online sellers are not being fair as regards to their Terms and Conditions. I understand that they are just being cautious as to how they transact with their online clients/buyers, however, I noticed that they are so harsh when it comes to their so called "Buying Policy". These are the basic requirements they implement which I have just copied from various sellers' websites.:

1.Full payment first before shipping.
2.No RETURN, No EXCHANGE.
3.Reserved items are considered SOLD.
4.Failure to settle payment within 3 days of reservation shall be placed in the BOGUS BUYER album.
5.No CANCELLATIONS!
6.Once shipped, the seller is not liable for any loss or damage during shipment.
7.No BOGUS BUYERS! Save yourself from SHAME!

What are the Philippine laws violated in the
above-mentioned terms and conditions?

A very common situation I always see is this: If the buyer did not settle the payment for the item/thing they reserved within the agreed time/period, the seller posts the buyers' pictures on the "BOGUS BUYER" list and tag other users in the network socializing website. And that's embarrassing because random people on the internet world will be able to see. I feel sorry for those who end up being posted in the BOGUS BUYERS' list. Sad
Also, maybe these online sellers don't even pay taxes for their business.

Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Do not deal any transaction to an unverified online seller especially those with this kind of policy. 100% they are violating laws. the "NO RETURN, NO EXCHANGE" is one of its violation.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum