I engaged in rice financing business in 2011, partnering with my friend, who happens to have a boyfriend who is an Agriculturist and graduated in a prestigious university. The amount i have invested totaled Php 230,000.00 breakdown as follows;
1. Php 200,000.00 for financing 5-hectare rice fields.
2. Php 30,000.00 for the purchase of a land harrow, which i agreed to buy because my friend told she will also rent to the nearby rice fields owner for another source income.
Being an OFW, our communication was limited to phone calls, email correspondences and facebook messenger. I sent the money in January 2011, and my friend confirmed receiving the money. An update informing me about the current activities in the ricefields, telling me 1.5 hectares was ready for planting and 2 hectares on going for land preparation was sent to me on February 9, 2011, after that I did not receive anything from her. Because i was trusting her fully, i busied myself with other extra income activities in Dubai to earn extra money, not until after 7 months when i decided to call and ask for update. after many attempts to contact her, finally she answered me, telling that the rice financing venture was a FAILURE, when I asked her the reason, she only tells me... "FAILURE, IT WAS A FAILURE", so I told her, "ok. just send me the report". But no report was sent to me.
In 2012, through a phone conversation, she told me she will pay me back what I have invested as it is a hard earned money. I replied, as you like but just give me the report. Money is not the issue here, but my right to know what is the truth, the reason of the Failed Rice Financing Venture. But still the report i requested was never given to me.
In 2014, she told me she has paid the Php 200,000.00 by depositing it to my accounts, and by giving to my parents, etc... While on vacation, I got the chance to ask some rice growers regarding the rice production and when i told them about my story, they only told me one thing... the amount of money i have invested cannot be losed easily, ask for the report and see what really happened.
When i asked my friend about the report, she replied, "why you need the report when we already paid you in full?" I replied, "I only wanted to know what happened". But the issue now became complicated.
My questions are:
1. Can i file for a legal complain regarding this business partnership that gone wrong? We did not sign any agreements, we only correspond by email. My friend stated that she will update me with the developments but she only gave me one report and went silent. Is this a case for ESTAFA?
2. My friend's statement that she has paid the full Php 200,000.00 although I am in doubt and still has to be checked, dismisses my right to know what really happened with our venture?
3. My friend is telling me, she has no more obligation to me, she has paid me and settled the issue and she will face me even if we end up in court. Is it true that she has no more obligation because she has paid me?
4. I only wanted to know the truth but it was denied to me, with this can i sue my friend for BETRAYAL OF TRUST?
Thank you in advance for your advices. I remain.