Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Registration of a child from a different father

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Tiger74

Arresto Menor
Greetings. I have been separated from my husband for almost 5 years now (not legally yet). I am a public school teacher and is now 2 months pregnant from a different man. We've been carnally partners for 2 years now although we don't stay in one roof and we don't have an agreement. My problem lies on the registration of my soon to be baby. The office told me that GSIS won't allow me to register the child by my maiden name or the father's name even if he will acknowledge the child. My question is will I be entitled of the maternity leave with pay? Is it possible to register still my baby with my maiden name or his' father's name?
Thanks.

View user profile

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
For the leave with pay check with your office. and as for the registration of the child, you have no choice but to register him/her indicating your husband as the father.

View user profile

Tiger74

Arresto Menor
Thanks Concepab

View user profile

mhalditah

Arresto Menor
Hi I have same issue, I'm separated for 2 yrs (not legally) and now living with other man, got pregnant and gave birth last December. We already register the BC and the indicated father is her biological father. My office already advanced my Maternity benefit and they are not aware on it until my SSS paper's return to them because of the surname indicated on the BC. Hindi ba mapaprocess sa SSS ang Maternity benefits ko?Magkakaron ba ng conflict sa BC ng baby ko?Pano ko sya maidadagdag sa mga beneficiaries ko with her BC? Thanks

View user profile

Neeshia18

Arresto Menor
I am separated from my ex-husband (not legally) and I already have a daughter with my new bf. My ex already has his own life with another partner as well. We were able to register her birth certificate under her biological father's surname and I was able to get my maternity benefits from SSS. I am able to also add her as beneficiary in my SSS and philhealth. But upon reading this thread, would there be any future conflict encountered by the birth certificate of my daughter given that if you are still married and gets pregnant even by another man, you need to indicate your husband as the father?

View user profile

mimsy

Reclusion Temporal
any woman who gets pregnant by somebody other than her husband is in a limbo. there is no right solution as all kids born inside a marriage is automaticallt considered legal child of the couple. you cannot use your maiden name to register the child as this is falsification of document since you cannot declare to be single. you cannot register the baby under the biological father as you are already married, you can be sued for falsificatiob of document and adultery by your husband. your remedy is to name the child under your husband and pray hard that he will not file a petition to nullify it and use it as evidence against you....

View user profile

Neeshia18

Arresto Menor
My ex-husband is actually well aware of it and we agreed not to use his last name. He does not have any plans of filing for a case since he is very much happy with his life with his new partner. I am just concern if there would be conflicts with the birth certificate of my daughter since we were able to register it under her biological father. I was under the impression that it would be more wrong if I'll use the surname of my ex.

View user profile

mimsy

Reclusion Temporal
you will realize all implications along the way. how did u declare your status in the bc? single? that is falsification already. if you declared married, and declare him to be the father that is like an assumption that he is your husband. the only consolation for now is that your husband is not intetested in filing a case.

View user profile

temimox

Arresto Menor
how about f ung father ang nagkaanak sa hnd nya legal wife? pero un legal wife nya merun dn anak s iba, 2 kc anak namen ng partner ko which is sha ang father na nkalagay dto. my mgging problema ba to s anak ko paglaki nya?

View user profile

mimsy

Reclusion Temporal
ang isang lalaking nagka anak sa ibang babae maliban sa asawa nya ay may optiob na ipagamit sa anak nya ang kanyang pangalan. kailangan lang nyang iacknowledge sa birt cettificate ang kanyang anak. pero linawin natin kasi may ibang nagkakagulo ang buhay dahil nagpepretend sila or nagdedeclare na mag asawa sila kahit hindi sa birth certificate na nagiging dahilan ng problem ng anak latet on. ang isang problema lang pag nagkaanak sa iba ang isang lalaking may asawa is pwedeng gamiting ebidensya ng asawa ang mga bata para sya ay idemanda

View user profile

temimox

Arresto Menor
ang kanyang legal na asawa ay may anak din s ibang lalake bukod sa asawa nya.. maari ba to gamitin s annulment? anung settlement ang pwde namen gawin dto kc kinukuha ng legal na asawa nya ang id at nso ng partner ko pra sa pagbababago ng birth cert ng anak nila

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum